Torus around a Schwarzschild black hole
Linux Installation Manual
- You need a graphics card with an NVIDIA GeForce 7900 chip or higher and at least 300MB GPU memory or an equivalent graphics card.
- Qt 4.6 or higher must be installed. → Qt SDK
Installation with Qt Creator
- Start Qt Creator.
- Open Project via: File → Open File or Project... → torus_linux.pro
- Double-click on torus_linux.pro
The Qt Creator should now look like this...
- Adjust the TOP_DIR path and save the torus_linux.pro file.
If you expand the Headers, Resources, and Sources directories within the Projects window, it should look like this:
If the .h and .cpp files do not appear, your TOP_DIR variable might be wrong.
- If you have a joystick and the library libjsw installed, you can set HAVE_JOYSTICK = yes.
- Enter "Projects" tab and open "Show Details". If you have more than one Qt version installed, you have to choose Qt 4.6 or higher:
- Now you can build the Torus application via: Build → Build Project "torus_linux".
The progress bar shows you, when the build process has finished:
Start the application
- Before starting the application, you have to download some material files. A good starting point are the following ones. You should store them e.g. in TOP_DIR/data. (Do a right-click on the links → Save Link As...)
- Open the just downloaded config.ini file with a standard text editor and replace ‹path› by the TOP_DIR/data entry, here e.g. /home/muelleta/Projekte/qtTorus
- Now, return to Qt Creator and start the application by pressing the play button.
- Open the config file via: File → Load config-file
Loading the lookup tables and the other files may take a few seconds...
When all files are loaded correctly, the red labels in the lower right corner should disappear, otherwise, the following files are missing: BGimg: background image, Timg: torus image, Din: lookup table in, Dout: lookup table out, Dbg: lookup table background, temp: temperature assignment table. Then, check the config.ini file.
Visualisierungsinstitut der Universität Stuttgart, VISUS
70569 Stuttgart, Germany