The research of the Institute for Visualization and Interactive Systems (VIS) takes place at different places: at the informatics bulings, at the SimTech building, and at the Visualization Research Center.
The Institut for Visualization and Interactive Systems consists of six departments and research groups:
- Graphical-Interactive Systems (Prof. Thomas Ertl)
- Visualization (Prof. Daniel Weiskopf)
- Computer Vision (Prof. Andrés Bruhn)
- Human-Computer Interaction and Cognitive Systems (Prof. Andreas Bulling)
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality (Prof. Michael Sedlmair)
- Computational Cognitive Science (Prof. Benedikt Ehinger)